Angie Doyle (Linkedin | Twitter) and I were selected to present at Agile2018 this year in San Diego. Our workshop focussed on effectively lifting off (or forming) high performance teams.
Why is team lift-off important?
We believe in the power of aligning teams upfront through conversation – ensuring that we are focussed on creating an intentional team culture from the very beginning. These techniques can also be used as stand alone techniques in retrospectives or shorter workshops.
How do you use this with your teams?
We encourage you to use these techniques with your team and have included all the material we have designed below.
- Do it yourself Values Game:
- We used the Big Values List from Management 3.0 which can be found here.
- We created an Atmosphere Poster, download the PDF here.
- The All You Need Is… Card Game:
- We created a card game, you can download the PDF cards here (print and cut to business card size).
- Full list of needs from the Centre for Nonviolent Communication Needs Inventory can be found here.
- Needs “story card” template, you can download here.
- SMARTER Canvas
- We designed a visual canvas to unpack goal statements and create more meaningful goals for your team and personal goals. You can download the canvas here.
Thank you to all of those who attended our session. For those who did not attend, we hope that this information is useful. You are welcome to contact us with any questions by clicking this link.
I had the privilege of being invited to the Project Management South Africa (PMSA) conference last year to sketchnote for leaders in online education, GetSmarter.
The theme of the conference was “Harnessing the Power of Innovation” – a pressing topic in the project management industry both in South Africa and abroad. There were exceptional speakers at the conference who presented talks on a range of thought-provoking topics pertinent to the idea of innovation in project management.
In the spirit of the event, GetSmarter put together the Sketchnoter’s Guide to Innovation in Project Management – a downloadable collection of live sketchnotes from the day. The guide includes a host of visual representations of the day’s presentations including:
- Moving from an efficiency-driven economy to an innovation-driven economy
- Delivering innovation from concept to commercialisation
- A comprehensive project management and project support services career path plan
Here is a sneak peek at some of the sketches and topics covered at the conference. To download the full guide, click here.